Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Not all there

Yesterday was a bad day. I think I’d gone past the line of all rational sense and I remember vaguely calling V for help. I later walked over to see her. I was highly strung, anxious. She suggested that the pdoc assessed me for more medication perhaps. We talked for almost an hour, and I agreed, and we walked over to the block where the doc was working out of. She waited with me – which was a comfort, to have her constantly there.

When we saw the doc, I was given 10mg Olanzapine and some Lorazepam to ease the anxiety and fear. Then they said I couldn’t be allowed to go home alone, so it was a choice of being admitted to the ward overnight or to go stay with someone. I called C who fortunately said I could stay with her. After taking the drugs I was pretty much floating away anyway, so I remember everything else through more fog.

I must have arrived at C’s around 6pm. And I went straight to bed and slept like a log until this morning.

My pistons still aren’t all firing today.

9 comments:

Franikins said...

Hi Polar Bear,

I had put a really long comment in your blog and thought you had read it already and I didn't want other people to read it so I put in the trash can. It wasn't anything that you said. It was something that I said about myself.

So not to worry. Did you see the original comment that I left? If you didn't, let me know and I can summarize it for you if my memory glands still work.

Didn't know there were memory glands, did you? That's how mammals nurse their young. Hey wait a minute. I might be confusing memory glands with mammary glands.

Nevermind. ;)

Yuki said...

Thiking about you Polar Bear. You hang in there. Peace to you!

Yuki said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Franikins said...

Did I really make that awful pun about memory/mammary glands or did someone steal my password and post an imposter comment?

Yeah, I wrote it. :P

I also sent you an email. I hope it makes sense to you.

Bipolar Creative said...

Ha ha ha. Hee hee hee. Ho ho ho. Heh heh heh.

See what your awful pun did to me? Quite funny! :)

james said...

Lorazepam is quite lovely, huh? I have to take that stuff every afternoon or I will spin up into and through the ceiling with anxiety. Hehe.

xxan said...

Hi Polar Bear, as I am always happy to get a comment, I was happy with yours :-) Tx

Polar Bear, I took Olanzipine for years (here it's called Zyprexa): you heard that right: it is in those years (together with other meds of course) that I gained weight. I won't give you any advice or anything, because I'm no doctor, but for me the Seroquel works better: I feel better and what's nice: you sleep better:)

Franikins: VIP question: where can I buy those memory glands? In mass?

db said...

Hi, it's my first time here. I'll be back again. I hope your doing ok.

Polar Bear said...

db,

Your profile is set to no public access - so I am unable to see your blog.

Would you be able to share it with me?
Polar Bear