Friday, July 29, 2005

Ho ho ho

I’ll start by saying I don’t drink (alcohol). It’s not my thing. I’ve never had a problem with alcohol. I may drink socially, like once or twice a year, when invited over for dinner at someone’s place.

But last weekend I bought a bottle of wine. A drink after dinner, just to wind down at the end of a day – that was why I bought it. Last night one drink wasn’t enough, so I got up and drank almost half the bottle. Enough to give me a nice buzz and mixed in there with my meds, enough to make me very sleepy, the way I feel when I take too many pills.

I’ve got to watch myself. I have the sort of disposition that could get me into trouble with things like alcohol.

“Ho! Ho! Ho! to the bottle I go.
To heal my heart and drown my woe.
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
And many miles be still to go,
But under a tall tree I will lie,
And let the clouds go sailing by.”


- Frodo Baggins - Lord of the Rings, J.R.R.Tolkien

3 comments:

James said...

My problem is that I have a body that can take a lot of alcohol and drugs so I tend to push it. One of these days...

Polar Bear said...

James
You be careful, James... I worry about you.

Polar

xxan said...

I don't drink a drop either, Polar. Not anymore. This means that as a student and before my bipolar attack I drunk at party's and café's. Social drinker. Now with the pills I stopped even that. Have no problem with it. Can perfectly have a great time without the "spirit"

But my body too, can take a lot of pills and sedation. This means when, I feel real bad, only solution is sleeping. And then I have to take WHOLE LOT OF sedatives to fall asleep. I even daren't say how much.

I take too much pills (sedatives and sleeping pills, the others are necessary as such). Just because I know my body can take it... But indeed, does this last?

Or will it crumble my brain? haha Actually, since I got BP all these years, I laugh too much at my own illness as if I don't care.

Yet , I do.