Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Exit checklist

There are things I need to do this week, my final week here. I need to organise myself, separate my personal and work emails, separate my personal and work files. Delete all the junk I have accumulated, both electronic and paper. Backup all the work I have done in the past 2 years and 2 months. Then I need to go through the system and delete myself, and make sure there is no trace of me left.

There is a list they call the “Exit checklist” which I need to go through and collect signatures from various departments to verify all loose ends are taken care of. The word has gotten around, and people are starting to say goodbye to me. The Exit checklist reminds me of an end-of-life checklist. You say your goodbyes, and you tie up loose ends, all in preparation of your being absent/gone/no more. There is simply no turning back once you embark on this journey.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Yuki said...

It's really happening. Good for you. Your work seems organized to have an exit checklist. Tying up all the loose ends, eh? Getting ready for your new job. I think you'll do well. Look at all you've accomplished in this present job and I know you'll use those gifts & skills in this new job, too! All the best!:)

The Mass Defective said...

Are you starting the new job next week or will you have some time off between the two?

The good news is that with the completion of the exit checklist, you will still be alive, as opposed to the end of life list. Try to focus more on the new beginning, rather than then end.

Take care!
Hugs,
Sid

butterflies said...

Congrats sweetie:)
It all sounds new and exciting.I cant wait to hear how it all goes.
Good luck!

Geisha_Girl said...

Congratulations on moving forward, Polar!

Sure sounds like a lot of work tying up those loose ends. But I'm sure you'll get through it.

And the beauty is, you have a crisp new page before you.

Good luck with the new job.

:-)) Jane

George said...

Well, here's a refreshing new idea for you, Generate and it won't cost you an arm and a leg. Generate