Sunday, October 09, 2005

Coping

It's been a hard week. New things, new people. New environment. I was never good at coping with changes. And yet that is a fact of life. I remember a quote somewhere about how change is the only certain thing in this world.

I hope the roughest part is over now. Week one is over. It's been a struggle, but I think I can see how things will settle down just a little bit more as the weeks go by. I have two more meetings scheduled for next week, one of them will involve travelling down to Capital city again.

DBT group begins next week as well. I am a bit apprehensive about it all. I've never been in a group before, except for the inpatient groups I attended when I was hospitalised in the past. I never did like them.

I saw V on Friday - and she did much to soothe my anxiety. I don't know where I'd be without her.

3 comments:

Geisha_Girl said...

Cool -- you've got through your toughest week!!

:-)) Jane

madlyme.com said...

glad you made it through the week. i know how tough it is. i'm going to start a DBT group in a few weeks. are you seeing your regular therapist or a DBT therapist? i've been told that you can get the most out of DBT if you see a DBT therapist instead of your regular therapist. however, i am really attached to my regular therapist and would miss him a lot if i had to switch.

butterflies said...

Good news Polar!..I knew you could do it:)