Thursday, December 22, 2005

Moving forward

Here I am. Last work day of the year.

Time to reflect on my decision to quit my previous job and sign up for this new one. I jumped before I was pushed. The old contract would have expired this month. Instead I am now 3 months into my new job and doing well. I made the right decision, despite the fact it was hard to leave a place I really liked.

I’m proud of having made it this far. I don’t know what next year will bring. But this morning I sat down with my manager and discussed my progress so far and he seemed happy and satisfied that I have done a good job. And he is optimistic about the new year.

It’s a good way to end the work year. My next challenge is to get through the next 12 days without resorting to anything self destructive.

3 comments:

disso_k said...

That's great news, Polar! I'm so glad that you feel changing jobs was the right decision. Having that feeling backed up with a positive progress evaluation is even better. Good on you!

Best wishes for the next twelve days. I hope everything continues to go well for you.

BipolarPrincess said...

Wishing you well thru the holidays Polar!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Polar Bear.....