Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Picasso and a review of the year



I did a Picasso painting and really enjoyed it. In the original, the guitar was orange. But I didn’t have orange, so I used yellow. It made the piece brighter, and I liked the end result.

Spent the last weekend of the year down in Wellington with S. Felt like I needed to get away, even if only for a couple of days. Drove back on Sunday afternoon, in what would have been the last bit of good weather we had left. Everything turned to custard yesterday with gale force winds and rain.

I meant to do a review of the year. I don’t suppose it’s too late now. 2005 was a relatively good year for me. Only one stretch in the hospital after an OD. Moving forward and changing jobs was hard, but something that had to be done and ultimately not really a “choice”.

Hard to look back now and take a long look at who I used to be and where I am now. Does moving forward mean better, bigger, brighter? Not necessarily. Just forward momentum. Neither good, neither bad. It’s like DBT and the whole acceptance thing. Yes, and I started DBT towards the end of 2005. Things are just as they are because they are. Big lesson learnt, I think.

A whole new year lies ahead now. I’ve given very little thought as to what I am going to do this year. I was never a big believer in New Year resolutions. Living merely from day to day is enough, I think. Simply growing older and watching as time becomes less and less each day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just be happy......Angel.

Geisha_Girl said...

That's a beautiful painting, Polar.

From the statistics I'd come across re BPD, keeping out of hospital and maintaining work etc is doing REALLY WELL.

Good luck with the DBT and all the best for the year ahead.

Marie said...

i absolutely love that painting--i hope you enjoy using paint a to express/release yourself--you truly have done some wonderful works

have you tried oil/canvas at all?

marie

Yuki said...

Amazing paintings!! I really like them a lot!! Very creative and expressive!! Great work!! You're really talented!!

Narnia was good! I saw it too!

James said...

I love that painting and I love Picasso...also like Salvador Dali a lot. You're givin' me inspiration to get back into my painting.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful painting Polar. You sound good and very optomistic about the future planning the new year and finding creative things to do.
I love to paint too. Your very talented.

Thankyou for stopping by my blog to give me your support, it means a lot to me to know you care. Your very sweet.

Take care of yourself,
Billy