Tuesday, November 21, 2006

EEG

EEG appointment this morning went OK. The technician was rather chatty as he stuck glue and attached pieces of electrodes on my head (all 23 of them). There were periods when I had to breathe deeply and close and open my eyes, and closed and opened my eyes as light was flashed at me. It was a painless process, but took nearly an hour to get through. It’d be interesting to see what the results are.

I ran into A’s family as I was trying to figure out where to go at the hospital. Apparently A was in the Emergency department after she fell yesterday and broke both wrists. She fell badly, landed on her face and has bruised eyes as well. I wanted to go see her immediately, but I was already running late. By the time I got out from the EEG, A had already been taken home.

A is probably as close a “family” as anyone else I have known here. She is in her 60s, but strong and independent. In my most anti-social moments and through the few hospitalizations I’ve had here, she’s always been there. She doesn’t always understand, and we don’t always relate, but there is a certain comfort in having a friend like her. I’m going to visit her after work today. I hope she is going to be ok.

1 comment:

butterflies said...

Hi sweetie
Glad to hear the test went well.Its not pleasant to have all those electrodes on your head but hopefully they will find out something..
Take care and Its good to hear the warmth in your voice now.
Love ya