Thursday, January 25, 2007

They meant well - Cats in the cradle

It was the first time I spoke to them in months. I could give a hundred reasons why I have been neglecting my act of filial duty. I could give a hundred reasons, and I would feel a hundred different variations of guilt.

Communication wasn't something we ever treasured anyway. Good communication wasn't something I was taught. Instead, I learnt about silences, grudges, resentment, punishment. Are you so surprised now that I use silence as a weapon of choice?

What of the hurt? What about the little girl who was banished to exile island for weeks on end? What of the little girl who survived on scraps of love thrown out by stangers?

1 comment:

Justin said...

you are soo right. Sometimes silence speaks more than anything else. you dont need to utter a word always..