Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Running in the rain

Yesterday, it started raining just before lunch time. So I ended up going for a run in the rain. Even though I probably looked like a crazy fanatic, I really enjoyed myself. Splashing through the puddles, sending mud and water everywhere. I didn't see anyone else on the trails.

It was a great run.

I'm currently reading Dean Karnazes' "Ultramarathon Man". What an inspiration. I'm probably not quite as crazy as Dean who as a warm up, ran a 200 miler (approximately 322km), and then went on to run 50 marathons in 50 states (in the United States), in 50 consecutive days. If there's an endurance ultra race out there, Dean's probably done it. What a crazy man. But when he hit 30 years of age, he felt something "missing" in his life. He had a very well respected job, a wife, enough money to live a yuppie life in San Francisco, but it wasn't until he started back running (he was a high school runner) that he found what he was looking for.

It's incredible what happens when the human body is pushed beyond its limits. It's amazing when a person does push through all that pain and agony in search of a dream.

1 comment:

nadcesca said...

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself! I love splashing in puddle also. lol

I agree with you, the more you push your limits and know yourself the better you feel about you and life.