Monday, August 27, 2007

Skiing

I get the feeling that there are things in your past which you are unable to talk about which come back and haunt you.

I was sick last week. Only a head cold, which didn't progress to anything more than that. I went skiing on Friday. Starting out, I thought I'd forgotten how to ski. The rope tow on the beginner slope really sucked - I don't have much upper body strength, and I really struggled to pull myself up. So I abandoned the beginner slope and headed down the intermediate "blue" trails. And discovered I wasn't such a "beginner" skier after all. I reached heady speeds and didn't once fall over. It would have been so much fun if it hadn't been so bloody cold on the chair lift ride back up the mountain.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

yaaay!!! skiing is so much fun! glad you had a great time. and, personally, i think the beginner tow rope lift is so much harder than the actual chair lift.

now i cant wait for winter here so i can go skiing :)

Suzanne said...

Funny! I spent most of yesterday planning my next big ski trip! :-)

Yeh, skiing does tend to be cold - whodda thunk it? ;-)

So glad you had a good time though.

KansasSunflower said...

Sounds fun, Polar! You can ski? I wish I could...I've never tried, but it always LOOKS like a blast!

I'm glad you got out and had a great time!