Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Close encounter with polar bears


Here's one of the polar bears basking in the sun.

Good trip overall. Had a close encounter with the polar bears from Seaworld. I took a Behind the scenes tour and pretty much got face to face with Hudson and Nelson. The only thing separating me from them was a wire mesh. How many people can say that they almost got licked by a couple of polar bears? Their long black tongue almost hit my nose a couple of times, through the wire mesh.

Here's Hudson and Nelson play fighting - their most favourite activity.

Playing with a red recycling bin and an orange buoy. The keepers are always placing new toys and puzzles in the enclosure to stimulate the bears.


It's a tough life being a polar bear at Seaworld. You eat and sleep, play with new toys, and lay in the sun all day long.

5 comments:

MB said...

Awww, they are soooo cool!!!! I'm so jealous!!! How was the holiday?

~*Rylah*~ said...

Hey, welcome back! Glad you had a great time. The photos are awesome - their paws are so huge! Take care...

PS I'm not blogging anymore, but I will still drop in to see how you are... Talk to you later

Dawn said...

So cute! amazing animals.

butterflies said...

Gorgeous!

James said...

They are such majestic animals!!! I love those pictures especially the first and last one. The first one looks like he's about to break out in a wide grin. :)

The second one is so cute!!! And look at the size of those PAWS!!! WOW!!!!

I hope we can work to reverse global warming and help save the polar bears. They are just awesome creatures.

I'm so glad you had that close, bonding encounter with your beloved polar bears. Yey!!! :)