Friday, September 07, 2007

Off to the sunny Gold Coast

Finally, it's the end of a long week. It's now officially spring and despite the chilly wind and frost on the ground this morning and an overnight low of minus 2 degrees, the sun is out, and there is optimism in the air.

I went for a lovely run over lunch. Followed a new trail and just kept on running with the sun in my face and a spring in my step. Met some nice cows grazing in the paddocks, watching me with those huge brown eyes. They seemed puzzled, saying "What is this strange human running from?". Ah, if only they knew.

I'll be off on Monday to the Gold Coast. It'll be a nice change of routine. And once I get the "business" part of the trip over and done with, I'll get to go to Seaworld to visit my favourite polar bears. I can't wait.

An ex colleague, K, will be making the trip as well, and we're planning on bringing our running gear so we can run on the beach. I'll be swimming in the hotel pool too if it's not too cold. K and I will just take a couple of days to ourselves and enjoy this little holiday.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

See! Somebody DOES like you! :-)

Have loads and loads of fun and enjoy the bears.

James said...

I'm excited for you and I hope that you have a good time.

butterflies said...

Great! Have fun and relax when you can.
So good to see you running and Im sure the cows appreciate you.
Im sure theyre thinking "oh isnt she lucky to be able to escape and run..wish we could;)"

~*Rylah*~ said...

Have a great trip Polar! Make sure you take lots of photos!


p.s. 'Fridge' is sooooo cute!

:)

sadgirl said...

Hope you have a great time. I know how you love your running. And polar bears, you will be in your element.

love sad xxx