Friday, November 02, 2007

The story

She would have been the perfect mother. She would love me and teach me how to love. She would hold me and tell me not to worry. She would soak up my tears and comfort me. She would make me a better person. She would make me want to be alive. She would make everything possible.

She told me the story of The Huge Bag of Worries by Virginia Ironside:

"Jenny has always been a happy girl, but lately she has developed a huge bag of worries. The bag follows her everywhere - to school, to the loo, even when she watches TV. She thinks about asking her brother or her mum or dad, but figures they won't take her seriously. Her best friend advises locking it up, but that doesn't work. Her teacher says: 'You've got too many worries! In future, leave that bag at home!' The bag grows bigger and bigger, and just when Jenny decides no one can help, a kind lady comes along. With great common sense, she takes the worries out one by one and sorts them into groups. Now that they are out in the open, they can be dealt with and the bag tossed away. The lively, comic-style pictures and the general nature of the worries make this excellent for any number of problems. The message is clear - find someone who will listen and talk about it."

Will you listen to me?

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm listening, lots of us. But V is sorting the stuff in to piles with you. x

gladgirl said...

Ofcourse. No problem. You're not alone. Try not to worry. I worry too. I find distraction is the only tactic that works in any way at all. Try and do something nice for yourself today.

take care
glad (i.e not sad any more!)

Me xXx =^..^= xXx said...

ALWAYS!

Rylah xXx

Aqua said...

I will listen to you. I really understand that need to be heard so keep writing.
...aqua