Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Broken


I wake. Tears in my eyes. Those crying dreams. They get me everytime.

I'm wandering the halls, my feet bare. It's cold and clinical, everything white upon grey hues, dirt upon dirt. Names on the board, I search for mine. I see her face, but it is vague and distorted. I am blind. I broke my glasses. Lenses shattered in my rage. She, who was angry, but not me.

Words filter through but does not register. Voices float disembodied around me. I ignore them. My brain seizes, my own voice choked, left twisting in my throat. I need caffeine, my hands are shaking so bad.

Where are you when I need you?

4 comments:

The Hopeful Borderline. said...

I hate being haunted by my dreams. People who don't remember their dreams don't know how lucky the are. Your writing is very evocative and beautiful. It must be a great outlet to be able to write poetry. You have made something positive out of the pain you are suffering.

nadcesca said...

Pb... this is so powerful... lovely and so much pain... keep writing about your feeling,your pain... somewhere, somehow, someday it will help you feel better. Don't give up sweety. (((HUGS)))

Sid said...

It hurts me to know you're hurting. This year I bought a Polar Bear calendar. It hangs by my desk and every time I look at it, I'm reminded of you. I wonder how you are, always hoping today will be a better day for you. Please take care of yourself Polar.

Zathyn Priest said...

I agree with 'hopeful', nightmares and distressing dreams haunt long after you've woken up from them. They're frightening and ignite all the same emotions as reality does.

Things have been tough for you for a while now, I continue hoping their will be some light on the horizon for you soon.