Friday, March 14, 2008

There's so much you have to learn

It’s not time for a change...

I sneaked away, feeling empty and lost. I left no trail behind me. I made no ripples in the pond. No one would have felt so much as a trace of breath left in the air.

In the car, tears blurred my vision. I remember someone used to ask me, "Are you OK to drive?". Once, when someone cared about me. Now, I relive those memories like playing an old record, the familiar skips and jumps reminding me how much fades away and dies with age and time.

It’s OK. I understand. When you have a family, you become involved in "family things". I forgive you for being preoccupied with yourself.

There’s a creased and well worn photograph somewhere in my mind, of you and me, of happier times. But we all move on. Our thoughts and feelings change – it no longer reflects that once captured moment. We can’t go back.

But then...

You'll still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not...

2 comments:

Prester said...

You're talented. I especially like this one. You might enjoy the lyrics to an old tune by Jackson Browne, Fountain of Sorrow. If you're a music lover you'd almost certainly appreciate the actual song. For some reason your post reminded me of it.
Take care.

sansanity said...

prester is right you are talented.

that last line is my biggest fear.