Monday, April 21, 2008

First frost

First frost on the ground - the promise of winter. Ice crystles touching the tips of each blade of grass. My fingers are numb from the chill. It's the turning of the seasons and with each new season beings a certain magic.

I had a low key birthday. K took me out for a drink that evening. I was surprised she even remembered.

My mood seems to have evened out. It's hard work climbing out of each hole you fall into. But I think I have emerged somewhat - just in time for winter.

3 comments:

BPD in OKC said...

I'm glad your mood has evened out some. It really is hard to get out of a hole once you fall.

MB said...

Happy belated birthday Polar! I'm sorry I missed it, lifes been a bit upside down! But **big belated birthday hugs**

butterflies said...

Good to hear sweetie:)
Your getting the first frost and Ive been planting summer flowers!