Friday, January 30, 2009

Back to reality

It didn't take me long to settle back into my usual routine, even though within the first few hours of being home I did feel a little lost.

Work's grabbing my attention ever since I returned to work a week ago now. Baptism by fire of sorts. There have been so many tasks landing on my desk with more constantly coming in and my phone is just a hotline. Blegh. Better get used to it for another couple of weeks. Sigh.

I've seen V twice now, since I got back. It's been good. She seems quite determined to get me to have more input and to set the direction of our sessions. I've always left the agenda mostly to her because I've never been comfortable in making decisions when it comes to involve another person. I've also never been very good at just volunteering information unless I'm asked or led to talk about.

Well, we'll have to see how that goes. I might have to kick and scream all the way.

5 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

Well, I'm glad it wasn't a ridiculous transition getting back to work. Sometimes that's really traumatic. Go you! Also glad that you're back to seeing V. That must be a huge relief for you.

Aqua said...

Hi Polar Bear,
You sound really good. Something in your "voice" seems relaxed and less anxious. I am really glad you were able to see V. I think your leading the sessions is a great idea. I know for me it helps me take responsibility and control over my life...even if it is really hard sometimes.
Hugs,
...aqua

Lola Snow said...

I agree with Aqua, you do sound more relaxed in your writing. I think there is a little more confidence? Well done for getting though these weeks, it must have been tricky to say the least. But you did it!
We've missed your blog PB, good to have you back.

Lola x

Sid said...

My T is trying to get me to do the same, lead our sessions. I told her I don't know what to talk about. Think I'll be kicking and screaming right along with you.

butterflies said...

Nothing wrong with a bit of kicking and screaming...;)