Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Home sweet home

I'm home.

I'm alive. I've been awake over 35 hours and counting. I didn't sleep on the long haul flight, not one wink. It was a full flight and we were packed in like cattle. It was a long and uncomfortable flight. I couldn't sleep, so I watched about 5, maybe 6 movies. I can't remember what they were now.

I landed in Auckland and had to wait 4 hours for my connecting domestic flight. It was a gruesome experience. I'd been awake over 30 hours by then and realised that between losing an entire day and the odd sensation of crossing the international dateline, I hadn't taken my meds.

By then, I was in a bit of a daze and wandered accidently into a security area and had to be detained briefly. I was a bit paranoid and kept hearing strangers talking about me. I finally found a quiet corner and curled up there for the best of 3 hours. I knew then I should take my meds, but I didn't dare to because I was so exhausted I couldn't eat anything and I knew that Seroquel on an empty stomach - particularly when I haven't slept in so many hours would knock me out and who knows what I might do. I didn't want to get into any serious trouble.

But I made it.

I made it.

Home.

11 comments:

Lola Snow said...

Welcome home PB! Your posts have been missed by many.

Lola x

Wandering Coyote said...

So glad to hear that you're home, even though it sounds like a nightmare getting there. Looking forward to hearing how things went!

Anonymous Drifter said...

Welcome back! I hope you get caught up on your much needed rest.

Dano MacNamarrah said...

Welcome back, dearest Polar!

It's amazing how quickly we can forget our meds, the most important of our daily rituals.

Hope this finds you feeling better.

Sid said...

I hope you had an amazing trip. Get plenty of sleep, I know you need it.
Missed you. {{{Hugs}}}

Aqua said...

Welcome Home PB. I missed you. I hope you have a few days at home to catch up on sleep and reset your clock.
Hugs,
aqua

Rylah/Jacqui said...

Welcome back Polar. I'm glad you're okay and everything went okay. Missed your posts. Take care. XXX

butterflies said...

Glad to see you home chick:)
It such a long way..America!
I wish it was closer.
Looking forward to hearing some adventures..
Love ya

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

Oh man what an ordeal!! Glad you're home and not in an airport or plane anymore. Either environment is a nightmare for those of us who have mental disorders.

Immi said...

Glad you made it home ok PB! I'm slow getting around these days, so I hope you're getting some rest since you posted!

Polar Bear said...

Thanks everyone, for your comments.

I'm overwhelmed with work at the moment.