Friday, May 01, 2009

Sooner rather than later

I agonised long and hard before picking up the phone. I couldn't justify it, and yet deep inside me, I knew that if I didn't, I wasn't giving myself any chance of surviving this.

"I was wondering...uh...could we arrange to meet for a chat?"

"Sure, of course."

"Uh...could we do it sooner, rather than later?"

"Is this Saturday good? Around 1.30?"

"Yeah, that would be great."

When your words turn harsh, I freeze like a deer caught in headlights. Why does it enrage you when all I was trying to do was cope with the pain you had inflamed? Why do you draw me out only to inflict more pain upon me? I don't understand.

Please, even if I ever make you angry, don't leave me. Please, even if I mess things up as I always inevitably do, please, don't leave me.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I hope this goes well for you. I'll be thinking of you.