Friday, July 10, 2009

Developments

I know. It's been a while. There was a lot of silence where I slept and slept. But I'm emerging, like a butterfly out of its cocoon, experiencing the brightness of colours from different eyes.

I found out earlier this week that I was shortlisted for that job I applied for and interviewed for it yesterday. I think it went reasonably well. But it's hard to tell. I knew and have worked with every single one of the four people on the panel. Infact, one of them is my manager's manager. I expected that to be awkward, but it wasn't.

I left the interview feeling good, but all of a sudden, I have doubts about leaving the position that I'm currently in. Yeah, crazy, because not 3 weeks ago, all I could think about was leaving.

But I haven't been offered the job (I'll find out in about one week). So I guess I'll cross that bridge if it happens.

(I've joined Twitter!! Follow me, or simply check out the updates on this blog - top right)

9 comments:

Anonymous Drifter said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you for the job.

Wandering Coyote said...

I always second guess myself, too. But what's done is done, right? Keeping my fingers crossed for you! I'm also going to follow you on Twitter!

Wandering Coyote said...

OK, can't find you on Twitter...And the badge on your side bar isn't showing up for me. I am there under wanderingcoyote.

sjAimee said...

good luck w/ the job. I live 4 second guessing myself.. i've always done it.. ifs or buts always seem to be there..

butterflies said...

Is there a thing called job remorse?

Like buyers remorse or sellers remorse?

Whenever I make a sizable purchase(like a mortgage or a new tv) I get buyers remorse..
Then when I sell something I feel just as bad LOL

Anyway,I hope you get what you wish for Polar xx

Sid said...

I think it's natural to have second thoughts about leaving the job you currently have, even if you don't like it, because it's at least familiar. You know what to expect.

Good luck with landing the new job you applied for. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Aqua said...

Hi Polar Bear,
I am so happy to hear you are feeling an emergence fromthe cocoon. I have been thinking of you and hoping you are okay.

I too think it is natural to worry about leaving that which is familiar. I hope you get, or keep whichever job is best for you.
hugs,
...aqua

Suzanne said...

Well done you - this is all fantastic news! :-)

sansanity said...

I had second thoughts and even now sometimes want to run and hide, but it substantially helped my mood lift to have something good.

can I say I love your twitter gadget?