Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Float

So life goes on. At least for now. I still cycle through my moods - emptiness, followed by some sadness or other, followed by moments when I think I'm managing OK. But I'm just cycling through. I don't know where I'm really headed yet.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Therapy is awfully hard work. This week I put in the strategies for The Plan. The Plan contains warning signs for when I get unwell, and what to do when that happens. After discussion with V last week, I have included hospitalisation as part of the plan, even if that means being on the High Needs unit(which is a locked down ward). I hate being in there, but have come to realise that it is probably the only safe place for me when I am very unwell. Is that progress?

Work has been OK. Despite budget cuts and a serious clamp down on spending, my application to attend a 4 day conference in Auckland in December was approved. You've got to celebrate the small victories these days.

4 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

I definitely think that's progress, PB. I think that shows real growth & acceptance on your part.

Anonymous Drifter said...

I really should have a plan as well. My biggest problem is I seem to miss my warning signs.

Congratulations for being approved to go to the conference.

journey2balance said...

I definitely echo the need to celebrate the small victories. Thank you for the reminder today! And thank you for the comment at my blog... I am indeed very lucky!

Harriet said...

I think that is progress. I like the idea of having a plan. I have plans for all kinds of things, but not a wellness plan. Good idea.