Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The ride

On Sunday, a colleague and I headed off to Hunterville for a 43km cycle event. It was a tough course, and I knew that going in, but didn't quite think it would turn out to be a near death experience. Those hills just about killed me. Still, I finished in a decent time, and it was a really good workout. I don't know about doing it again next year, though. We've got another event lined up in a couple of weeks which should be a walk in the park compared to Hunterville.

6 comments:

Anonymous Drifter said...

That's wonderful PB. You should feel so proud of yourself. I admire your commitment to physical exercise.

Harriet said...

Wow, very cool! Congrats, that's quite an accomplishment.

butterflies said...

wow good on you Polar!!
Just shows youre not that disabled..mentally..

That takes endurance!!

Borderline Lil said...

Good grief! 43KM!!! Well done my friend. You are truly an inspiration.

Polar Bear said...

@AD
Thanks. I really do enjoy the physical exertion though. It helps me work out my pent up emotions :)

@Harriet
Thanks :)

@Butterflies
I think I'm still not strong mentally - I get easily psyched out at some of those hills - when you turn a corner and think that's it but then you see the hill goes on and on.... That's when I feel like I can't do it. But it's definately a tough mental challenge.

@Lil
I could go further than that - there was another event at the same event for 100km, but my back won't allow me to go that far (after I fractured one of my vetebraes a few years ago)

Just Be Real said...

Well done. I commend you highly. I am not that disciplined.