Thursday, January 14, 2010

Adrift

Close my eyes. Drifting. Feel the velvety smoothness of oblivion. Reaching out... touching nothing. My heart beats still. I feel regrets. I feel faraway pain, but pain nonetheless.

My heart trips sometimes. I keep wondering why.

I see you for the first time in 3 weeks and the wound is ripped open and bleeding once more. Realise my protection system is not as strong as what I imagine it would be. Inside that rock hard steel is just jelly. I quiver with uncertainty, with pain. I cannot explain to you something you have never known, something you will never know.

I close my eyes and go to that faraway place.

I just want to go home.

4 comments:

Harriet said...

I'm sorry.

Stephany said...

Thinking of you, and how your post reminds us all that life trips us up to reminds us, that it's here, we are here and are supposed to be here.

You are here. That speaks volumes.

La-reve said...

A beautifully descriptive post. Not much to say other than yu have been so strong over past few years and that takes strength. thinking of you. x

Laura said...

So sorry. *hugs*