Friday, January 15, 2010

Wept

She sits there and watches me. She does not say anything. Her face tells me everything.

I look into her eyes. The depths are fathomless. I fall into them, as if in a trance.

The words between us flow silently. This is serious, she tells me. I know, I say. My heart is bursting with emotion.

Her eyes become watery, the tears are not far away. I sigh quietly, but I know she hears me and is hurt by it. It seems I can do nothing that would not hurt her fragile state.

The floodgates open, and she falls into my arms...

3 comments:

Lady_Amanda said...

This is beautiful. Is it a fictional story or something that really happened? You stopped by my blog in December. Feel free to come back and visit me anytime. I know I haven't been on for a while. My illness was acting up. Anyone, I would like to get to know you better as my blog buddy.
Hugs,
Amanda

butterflies said...

Im speechless for once..
Hugs babe :)

Jo said...

Your writing is beautiful. You are heard and loved.