Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Artful dodger

Well, I dodged the bullet this time. Apparently no news is good news.

Even though I dodged the bullet, I feel sad for my colleagues whose futures are now uncertain. It shows you the kind of world we live in these days. You walk in one day, and they tell you your job is being "disestablished". OK, so we had a lot of advanced notice, and yes, they used a lot of fancy managerial-speak, but the bottom line was, it was a staffing review and people were going to lose their jobs, and now people have.

I know this has been happening everywhere. Not just in my industry, but in other areas as well. Some people literally walk into their work and are told they are no longer needed. Yes, it's been all over the news, but this has definitely hit close to home.

No comments: