Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cruel

How does it sound? You opened your soul to me so I could see how beautiful it was and allowed me to fall in love with you. You made me yearn so deeply for all that you had to offer me and before I could ask for your hand, you turned away from me as if I was diseased.

You not only broke my spirit and my trust, but you made me feel ashamed of who I am. You left me for the dogs and waited in the shadows while they devoured me.

Did you feel pleasure from knowing I suffered? No, you wouldn’t be so cruel. You simply didn’t care. You simply were not even aware of how much pain you left me in.

2 comments:

Saracide said...

Truly, that is one of the worst feelings in the world... I have been there, and I am sorry. *hugs*

Normalwasnotmygoal said...

I too was engulfed in these feelings and thoughts for nearly 5 years. Please work with someone to help you get through this. You are worth it and deserve better.