Monday, September 12, 2011

Letting go

I read something the other day that talked about letting go. About how important it is to close certain chapters and open new ones. It advised letting go when the time comes for letting go. Trying to hold onto something beyond its time will only cause us more pain.

I realise this is true. In theory it seems so much easier than in reality. Does it mean I burn that photo of you? Does it mean I burn that folder full of stuff you gave me? Do I feed the fire, and in achieving a bonfire, will I finally release you from my soul? Will my grief dissipate along with the smoke? Or will I one day regret letting you go so completely that try as I might, I will never be able to recall your face into my memory again? Would I ever want to remember you?

I don’t know. I don’t have answers. And always... the questions that go around and around in my head.

1 comment:

NormalWasNotMyGoal said...

I wish I knew the answer. For me, I've only started to realize that slowly I'm healing from my bad-former-T experience.
I only wish you the same